It doesn’t matter if your child wants to hide apps on their iPhone 8 or X or an iPhone 5. They can hide apps from his iPhone or iPad home screen no matter what device they’re using, as long as iOS 10 or later is running.
Ideally, Apple would include a feature in its iOS for iPhone and iPad that would make it easy for everybody to hide our apps.
First of all, you need to know how to hide apps and how many ways have to hide apps, then you will understand how to find hidden apps and how to do it.
Jump ahead to:-
How to hide apps using folders on the iPhone
You can store up to 12 pages of apps in folders on the iPhone, which means that you can hide apps deep in a folder that someone would have to search to find the hidden app.
- Since you’re hiding apps, you probably want to create this folder on the second or third home screen.
- Tap and hold an app until all of your apps wiggle.
- If you’ve already filled a folder with apps, you can add the apps you want to hide to that folder or add more apps and paste the app you want to hide into the folder so that they are hidden deep inside is.
- If not, drag one of the wiggle apps you want to put into a folder to another app you want to put into a folder.
- To hide an app, I recommend adding up to seven more apps so that the entire first page of your folder shows all apps that are suitable for users.
- Then drag some apps to the right so that a new page is created within the folder.
- You can fill this second page with apps and only hide one or two apps on this page, so it’s not obvious.
- You can create up to 12 pages in a folder as long as there is at least one app on each page.
Of course, this method of hiding apps doesn’t hide apps completely, but it sure makes it hard to come across them by accident.
Hide iPhone apps via restrictions
- Opens the ” Settings “> ” General “> ” Restrictions “.
- Activates the ” Restrictions ” function.
- Set a PIN if you haven’t already done so and remember it.
- You can now deactivate certain apps using the slider.
- Tap the ” Apps ” menu item below to show or hide apps according to age restrictions.
- For example, if you want to hide the Snapchat app, only apps up to the age of 9+ are allowed.
- Apps that require older age are no longer displayed in iS.
How to hide stock iPhone apps
With iOS 10, Apple has finally made it possible to hide Apple apps on the iPhone.
- On the Home screen, tap and hold the app you want to hide until all of your apps start shaking.
- Tap the X in the corner of the app apps you want to delete.
Remember, if you decide that you will need one of these apps in the future, visit the App Store to get it back.
How to Find Hidden Apps on your child’s iPhone
This is a simple tip, but I find it very helpful.
- On any home screen, swipe down from the center of the screen.
- This opens the Spotlight search.
- Enter the name of the app you are looking for on the child’s iPhone.
- If it’s on your child’s iPhone, it will show up.
How to hide apps from Spotlight search
The tip above could be a double-edged sword if you’re trying to hide apps deep in a folder so that someone can use Spotlight Search to find them quickly.
- Open settings.
- Tap General.
- Choose Spotlight Search.
Under Search Results, you can switch off all apps that should not be shown in Spotlight search.
You may also like to read The Best Apps To Make Memes On Android