To obtain optimal positioning on the Internet, especially on Google, you must be clear about the meaning of some fundamental concepts, as in the case of SEO and SEM.
If you want your brand or the image of your company to have notoriety, it is essential to acquire a good position on the Internet when doing a specific search. In this article, we are going to explain what SEO is in marketing and essential techniques to help you obtain good SEO positioning.
What is SEO in marketing and why is it used?
Many people wonder what SEO is in marketing and don’t know where this abbreviation comes from. The meaning of SEO is Search Engine Optimization, which in Spanish means “search engine optimization” or “search engine optimization”. It is a technique that uses several effective methods to optimize a website on the Internet.
The idea is to improve your position in different search engines as part of the Inbound Marketing strategy, a methodology that consists of attracting, involving, and retaining customers.
Therefore, the final objective of SEO is to make a business page appear in the first search results. In order to increase its number of visits and promote its product in the market it is focused on.
Main differences between SEO and SEM
Before getting fully into the question, it is convenient to distinguish between SEO and SEM , two similar concepts that seek optimization in search engines in different ways.
SEO creates an optimal traffic pipeline in the long run. To do so, it uses different strategies that serve to attract users and convert them into leads.
The SEM, for its part, tries to position the web through the use of paid ads in search engines.
Currently, there are many search engines, although Google is the most used. For this reason, when talking about SEO, almost everyone refers to the positioning of a website in Google.
Advantages of professional SEO
The advantages of SEO in the world of marketing are many. Here we show you the most important ones:
- Multiply the visibility of a company or store through visits: the goal is to increase its growth possibilities, using efficient and agile tools to achieve it.
- Strengthen the inbound Marketing strategy: to start this process, SEO techniques are very effective. With them we will attract a multitude of visitors to our website, turning them into leads and potential customers.
- Long-term investment: these techniques require patience, effort, and time, as most of the results will begin to pay off in the medium-long term. Now, once we have managed to position our website. The number of visits will be constant and without any additional cost.
- Improve web content: positioning techniques will lead you to improve the quality of published content and offer a more pleasant user experience.
- Foster the trust and credibility of a brand or company: Google is in charge of distinguishing the most powerful pages, that is, those of the highest quality. For this reason, users tend to trust more websites that appear among the first results of a search.
Basic techniques that will improve web positioning
The world of SEO positioning may be a bit confusing for you. But you have a series of basic tools that will help you strengthen your company with an inbound marketing strategy.
- Selecting keywords is something very important: a great SEO strategy has to analyze the right keywords. And know how to use them correctly so that Google locates them without problems.
- Tune up the web: sometimes, it happens that the loading times are disproportionate or that the web pages fall recurrently. When positioning a website in a search engine, it is convenient to optimize the website in a technical sense.
- The links or URLs of the web pages are key to positioning: it is best to keep them short, and simple and include keywords.
- Create quality content that is useful to users: search engines bet on pages with practical, original, and updated content. Uploading useful and interesting content with some regularity will help you improve your SEO.
- Descriptions, headings, and titles also matter: every article or page you write should have a descriptive title that also includes keywords. It is also convenient to use optimized headings and descriptions. As these will appear in search engine results.
- Link building: this includes a series of techniques that generate links from other places to go to our page. The objective is to look for quality sites from which to generate these links. Of course, we must take care of certain very important details. Such as the text that we are going to include as part of the link and the type of relationship generated with our page (follow or nofollow links).
These techniques will reinforce your inbound marketing strategy. Although, as we have already mentioned, the results are in the medium or long term. Optimize the results of your positioning and attract more traffic to your website as soon as possible!